Wishing everyone a safe and happy 4th of July!
In observance of the holiday, our office will be closed on Monday, July 4th. As always, our Emergency Claims Service is available 24/7 by calling 800-445-2330.
Please remember that fireworks are responsible for nearly 16,000 injuries every year, and nearly ½ of all fires reported on July 4th.
According to the National Council on Fireworks Safety, here are some tips for keeping you and your guests safe –
- Use fireworks outdoors only.
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Keep a bucket of water or garden hose handy in case of fire or mishap.
- Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly.
- Never try to relight or pick up a “dud” firework that has not ignited fully.
- Never carry fireworks in a pocket.
- Never shoot fireworks off in metal or glass containers.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Never use fireworks while impaired.